Radiofrequency microneedling is a proven method to rejuvenate the skin, reduce fine lines, and enhance the skin’s overall appearance. Whether you want to diminish signs of aging, treat acne, fade scars, or tighten your skin, these treatments can provide incredible results. If you’re interested in RF microneedling treatment, you probably have many questions about the treatment and its recovery period. In this post, we’ll describe what a treatment session is like, explain what to expect afterward, and offer some tips for recovery.
Preparing for Treatment & Recovery
RF microneedling involves penetrating the skin with tiny needles that emit radiofrequency energy. This stimulates the body’s healing response and production of collagen and elastin. Your skin will need some time to heal from these many micro-injuries, and taking the right steps before your treatment can set you up for a smoother recovery.
Here’s what you can do to prepare:
Consult With Our Experts
Our practice offers 2 advanced treatment options: AGNES Precision RF and Scarlet SRF, each designed to treat different skin conditions and deliver specific benefits. During your pre-treatment consultation with our experienced providers, we will evaluate your specific concerns and skin, tailoring the treatment, needle size, and penetration depth to your needs.
Follow Pre-Treatment Guidelines
These are some tips to help you achieve optimal results from your microneedling treatment:
- Avoid certain medications and supplements, such as blood-thinning agents, which could increase bruising.
- Avoid sun exposure since sunburned or tanned skin may alter the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Follow a prescribed skincare routine with nourishing serums or moisturizers to prepare the skin.
Plan Your Post-Treatment Care
Have gentle skincare products on hand, and take note of any post-treatment instructions provided during your consultation.
What To Expect During Treatment
We will first determine your treatment goals and skin type during a consultation. The optimal number of sessions, needle depth, and specific device (AGNES Precision RF or Scarlet SRF) will be chosen based on your individual needs.
Here’s what you can expect during a microneedling treatment:
- The procedure can take 15 minutes to an hour, depending on the specific treatment and areas addressed.
- We keep you comfortable by applying a thin layer of peptide gel. Our esthetician will also select a serum based on your needs to ensure comfort during and after treatment.
- Nitrous oxide is available for increased comfort as necessary.
- You may feel warmth in the treated area. If you’re receiving treatment for your scalp, you may feel a slight tugging sensation that lasts a few days after your treatment.
Optimal results often come after a series of 3 to 6 treatment sessions spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart.
Microneedling Recovery Time
One of the most common concerns about microneedling is the recovery time, which varies depending on the needle depth required to address your skin concerns.
Healing after RF microneedling can be broken down into a few key phases:
- Initial Aftereffects (0-2 Days): Your skin will likely be red and feel warm, almost as if you have a slight sunburn. Most patients heal completely within 24 hours.
- Short-Term Recovery (3-10 Days): Some patients may experience mild swelling and bruising, which generally resolves within 3 to 10 days.
- Long-Term Recovery (Up to Several Weeks): The full benefits of the treatment, including the growth of new collagen and elastin, will continue to develop over several weeks.
- Drink plenty of water to keep the skin hydrated.
- Protect your skin from the sun during recovery to minimize pigmentation changes.
- Adhere to your provider’s post-treatment instructions to maximize healing and results.
- Our esthetician will recommend the proper products to assist in your recovery.
Request a Consultation
Microneedling recovery time is minimal, and the benefits are abundant. Are you ready to enjoy smoother, clearer, younger-looking skin? Call our Medford, OR, office today at (541) 200-2444 or request a consultation.